Dahi (Yogurt) Vada Recipe
Dahi (Yogurt) Vada Recipe.
Dahi vada is a north Indian dish. It is prepared by soaking (Urad dal ) Vada in thick Dahi and Imli (tamarind) chutney. I prepare Dahi vada during Festival time Like Hoil/Diwali.
- Preparation time- 30 mins
- Cooking time -30 mins
- Total time – 1 hours
- Serve person -4
|1||Dhuli urad Dal (black gram)||2 cup|
|3||Cumin(jeera powder)||1 tbsp|
|4||Black salt||1 tbsp|
|5||Red chilli powder||1 tbsp|
|7||Imli (tamarind) chutney||1 cup|
- Soak the dal for 3 to 4 hours.
- Then drain and blend into a thick better.
- Take a bowl add the better, salt, hing and mix it well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and make a small ball size vada and fry in oil till golden Brown.
- Now take a pan with some water and drop Vada in the water. Keep Pan aside until Vada get soft after soaking water.
- Take a serving bowl and place the vada (Press Vada between both hands to remove surplus water from it)
- Add Dahi all over the Vada, Add Imli chutney, Black salt, Cumin powder, Red chilly powder to Garnish it.