Dal Pakwan Recipe
Dal Pakwan Recipe is a famous dish of Punjab and Rajasthan, A tasty dish which is served in the morning breakfast and can also be served to your children at lunch after their school time.
Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 30 mins
Serve person – 4 Person
|1.||Chana/Gram Dal||250 Gram|
|2.||Tumeric Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|3.||Grated Ginger||½ Tablespoon|
|4.||Chopped Tomato||1 Piece|
|5.||Chopped Onion||2 Piece|
|6.||Refined/Olive Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|7.||Red Chilli powder||1 Tablespoon|
|8.||Amchur/Mango powder||1 Tablespoon|
|9.||Garam Masala||1 Table Spoon|
|10.||Refined/Olive Oil for deep fry||500 liter|
|11.||Wheat Flour||125 Gram|
|12.||Refined Flour||125 Gram|
|13.||Salt||As per taste|
Chopped Onion and Tomato
Wheat and Refined Flour
Chana Dal to boil
Boiled Chana Dal
- Heat the pan and add 2 Tablespoon Olive/Refined Oil.
- Put Cumin seeds and let them fry.
- Drop chopped Onion and Tomato and allow it to half fry on medium flame.
- Add Tumeric Powder + Red Chilli + Garam Masala + Salt in the mixture.
- Fry it well for next 2 minutes. The Dal is ready, keep it aside.
- Make poori using the dough on rolling pin and use fork to put small holes as shown in image.
- Prepare 10-12 such poories and keep them aside.
- Heat the 500 ml oil in the Kadai and deep fry pooris until turns golden brown.
Dal Pakwan Preparation
Take 4 poori and put spoonful Dal on top it, Garnish it with Onion. You can also serve it separately in bowl and plate with chopped onion.