How to make Sambar Recipe?
How to make Sambar
Sambar is a typical South Indian Recipe. Best serve with Idly, Dosa and Vada. I use the Sambar Masala Powder and cook the Vegetables and Yellow Lentils(Arhar Dal). I Have used Veggies like French Beans,Bottel Guard and carrot.If You are new to cooking I suggest reading all the notes and tips to make the best sambhar
- Preparation time-10 min
- Cooking time-25 mins
- Serve person-4
|1||Toor dal(pigeon pea)||½ cup|
|2||French beans||4 pieces|
|4||Sambhar masala||1 tbps|
|6||Mustard seeds(Rai)||1 tbps|
|8||Salt as per taste|
|9||Red chilli powder||1/2 tbsp|
|10||Curry leaves(kadi patta)||5 pices|
|11||Turmeric (haldi)powder||1 tbps|
|13||Coriander leaves(Hara dhaniya)|
- First soak the Tamarind in warm water for 10 minutes .Now rinse the Dal in water well.
- Step Boil Dal in 3 cups water in the pressure cooker for 10 mins.once the pressure settles down remove the lid.
- Now add the chopped Veggies,Turmeric powder,Red Chilli powder and cook for 1 whistle on medium flame .
- Now take the pan and heat the oil .crackle the mustard seeds first.then add the curry leaves, Asafoetide(Hing) and Sambar Masala. Now add the tempering ans boil sambar and close the lid for about 5-6 mins
- Sambar is ready Garnish with chopped Green Coriander