Moong Dal Pakoda or Ram Laddu Recipe
Ram Laddu or Moong Dal Pakoda is a famous street dish served mostly in Delhi/NCR region in North India. It is yummy and spicy in taste. Grated Radish adds a unique taste when served with Ram Laddus as a topping.
Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 15 min
Serve person – 2 – 4 Persons
|1.||Moong Dal||250 Gram|
|2.||Baking Soda||2 Pinch|
|4.||Refined/Olive Oil||500 Ml|
|5.||Salt||As per Taste|
|7.||Green Mango Chutney/Sauce||50 ml or 1/2 Cup|
Moong Dal Pakoda Preparation
- Soak moong dal in luke water for 1 hour or 3-4 hours in cold water. Drain out the water and add dal to the grinder. Grind it well to prepare a smooth paste, you may need to add some water to grind it well (do not use much water).
- Take a bowl and add grinded dal paste + salt + baking Soda and mix it well.
- Stir the batter energetically for a few minutes, this help to maintain softness in dal Pakoda.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai to fry. (500 ml)
- Drop spoonful moong dal batter gently in Kadhai when the oil is heated well.
- Take it out from kadai when the Pakoda color turns into golden yellow.
- Use paper napkins to remove excess oil from Dal Pakoda.
Radish and Green Chutney Preparation
- Grate the white fresh Radish to cover the dal pakoda well.
- Prepare Green mango chutney.
- Take a plate and place 8-10 pakoda covered with Grated Radish and Pour Green Chutney + Chat Masala.
Serve it hot for better taste.