Semiya (vermicelli) Upma Recipe
Semiya (vermicelli) Upma
Vermicelli Upma is very easy to make and healthy breakfast. Semiya Upma is a South Indian Breakfast. My children love to eat this Upma very much.
- Preparation time-5 mins
- Cooking time- 25 mins
- Serves person- 2
|1||Semiya (Vermicelli)||2 cup|
|2||Chopped Potato||1 pieces|
|3||Chopped Green Chilli||2 pieces|
|4||Turmeric Powder||½ tbsp|
|5||Coriander powder||½ tbsp|
|6||Salt||As per taste|
|9||Cumin (Jeera) seeds||½ tbsp|
|10||Chopped Green Coriander|
- Take a kadai and roast vermicelli on a low flame 5 to 6 mins.
- Heat an oil in a pan /kadhai and add cumin seeds when they start to sputter.
- Add the Green Chilli chopped Onion, Potato and saute for 5 mins.
- Now pour 1 glass of water and boil it.
- Then add the roast vermicelli mix well and cover it with a lid.
- Cook until water is absorbed for around 5 to 7 mins.
- Turn off the gas and transfer Semiya/vermicelli Upma to a serving bowl.Garnish with chopped Green coriander.
Serve it with tea for a morning breakfast and you can also eat vermicelli for evenings snacks.