Suji Halwa Recipe
Suji halwa is one of the most popular sweet dish all over in India, it can be prepared using the variety of flavours and is further named accordingly. Some of the varieties are Rawa Kesri, Mango Rawa, Pineapple Rawa.
I have learnt it from my mother in law, she prepares the best and tasty suji halwa I have ever eaten. Suji halwa is prepared for Prashad of Astami puja in North India.
Preparation time – 5mins
Cooking time – 10min
Serve person – 4
|Cardimon powder||1/5 tbsp|
- In a deep, heavy-based saucepan, melt the ghee.
- Add the sooji with melted ghee and stir fry over medium/low heat until turns very light brown. put the roasted Sooji aside now.
- Now In a separate pot and on medium heat, prepare the mixture of the water, sugar and cardamom to a rolling boil, stir it gently.
- Now add the water mixture in the roasted Sooji and stir this on medium flame until water mixture is soaked properly.
- Cook the mixture till it is thick and begins to come away from the sides of the pan (keep in mind not to stir for a long time else it will make halwa dry).
- Now add Kaju, Kismis, and Badam.
Sooji halwa is ready, Use Dry fruits and Saffron to Garnish and Serve it hot.