Vada Pav Recipe
Vada pav is a famous popular street food in Mumbai, Vada Pav is very easy to prepare at home and required no additional ingredients, You can prepare simple Vada If you do not care about the good taste.
Really the good taste makes a big difference when it comes to preparing Vada like we find on Mumbai Streets.
Preparation time- 15 mins
Cooking time- 30 mins
Serve person – 4 Person
|1||Boiled and mashed potatoes||4 pieces|
|2||Garlic paste||½ Tablespoon|
|3||Green chilli paste||½ Tablespoon|
|4||Ginger paste||½ Tablespoon|
|5||Mustard seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|6||Curry leaves||5-6 pieces|
|7||Turmeric powder||½ Tablespoon|
|8||Besan(gram flour)||125 gram|
|9||Baking soda||A pinch|
|10||Chopped Green coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|11||Salt as per taste|
|12||Green chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|13||Imli chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|14||Oil for deep fry||500 liter|
Potato Masala Stuffing
1. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a kadhai and add mustard seeds, when they crackle, add the curry leaves and saute for few second to half fry.
2. Add the Garlic + Ginger + Green chilli paste and saute for 1 min.
3. Add the mashed potatoes, turmeric powder, salt and mix them properly. Fry the mixture so that all the ingredients are mixed well.
4. Potato stuffing is ready.
5. Divide Potato Masala into 5 equal portions and shape it into the round (Vada are spherical in shape).
Better Preparation –
1. Take a bowl and add besan + salt + pinch baking soda + chopped green coriander and 1 cup water (125 ml) to make a better.
Ready to Fry
1. Dip each round of the vada filling into the better and allow it to coat the mixture well.
2. Heat the oil (500 ml) in a kadhai for deep fry.
3. Drop the vada gently in the kadhai till turns golden brown, take out from kadhai Keep aside to Drain on absorbent paper.
4. Take a Pav slice each Pav into half and spread some Green chutney and some Imli chutney inside.
5. Place one Vada in each Pav and serve immediately.
Serve hot Vada Pav with Masala Taak/Chaach and Green chutney.